The impact of the global Covid-19 pandemic has been monumental. But for physicians, nurses and other healthcare practitioners, it’s been particularly difficult. In addition to carrying out their already demanding day jobs, these individuals have had the added stress of coping with social distancing and a surge in patient numbers. It is, therefore, no wonder that a significant proportion of NHS staff in England are concerned about burnout.
While it’s not often considered when talking about the benefits of telehealth, such solutions can actually help reduce the risk of physician burnout.
- Telehealth helps improve physician work-life balance
- Telehealth makes for more optimized schedules
- Telehealth reduces the need to commute
- Telehealth can help improve physician-patient relationships
- Telehealth helps address healthcare coverage gaps, meaning physicians don’t after to overstretch themselves
- Telehealth solutions allow physicians more time to look after themselves
Healthcare provider burnout is a serious issue. If the very people whose jobs it is to look after us fall ill themselves, how will it bode for the rest of us?
You can find out more about the telehealth services provided by us here at France Surgery by contacting us today.